In this webinar we were welcomed by Tirusha Dave, owner of Ellie’s Academy, Bernadette Testani, owner of Atelier Kids, and HiMama’s own registered early childhood educator, Jo Sinanan to talk about some of the most interesting results from our latest pulse-check on early childhood education. We surveyed over 1,500 child care professionals and asked about everything from enrollment numbers, to salaries and tuition rates, to education programming and professional development. Some results were expected, others were surprising, but together they paint a picture of childcare providers who are optimistic, despite facing significant challenges in 2023. Our panelists dove into the data and supplement it with their own experiences, sharing stories and insights. Keep reading to access the recording and the slides!
🎤Our Special Guests:
Tirusha Dave – Owner of Ellie’s Academy
Tirusha Dave is a professional leader in early childhood education and childcare, and the Founder of Ellie’s Academy. She has earned her B.A. degree at Rider University and is currently pursuing her MBA, at William Paterson University. Tirusha has always believed that children learn best when the learning environment is designed to meet the developmental needs of each child, and one which fosters exploration, creativity and independence. She is committed to creating a strong, educational program, and high community-engagement within her community.
Bernadette Testani – Owner of Atelier Kids
Bernadette Testani is an innovator and entrepreneur who calls Bloor West Village her home. It’s here that she and her husband raise their family and where, ten years ago, she founded Green Apple Kids & Windermere Kids; two award winning daycares providing quality care and education. Theme-based daycare was not enough for her as she embarked on a journey to deepen her study of childcare, children, and the advancements in early learning and educational approaches, because she knew there was more to offer. Ms. Testani developed a strong connection with the Reggio philosophy and it has become markedly influential in these next steps of her career.
Jovanna Sinanan – Registered Early Childhood Educator, HiMama
Jovanna joined HiMama in December of 2021. Before HiMama, Jovanna was a Center Director at BrightPath, a large multi-center childcare organization, and has been in the ECE field for over 7 years. Jovanna is passionate about Early Childhood Education and how we, as educators, can make a difference in children’s lives. Her philosophy is to extend learning beyond the walls of a classroom. This means working and advocating for teachers and families to create an environment that stimulates and engages children based on their unique learning needs.
🧪Key Learning Outcomes from the Industry Snapshot Report!
- Half of survey respondents reported that their current enrollments were at 90% of pre-pandemic levels or higher, with 19% stating that their enrollment levels are above what they were prior to the pandemic.
- When we asked childcare center owners, directors, and administrators what they thought would be the best way to support their educators, the most common answer was Health and Wellness Perks (34%), with Professional Development Opportunities a close second (26%) and Career Advancement Opportunities a distant third (13%).
- Interestingly, we gave educators the same options and asked which would make them feel most supported, and the same three came out on top, though in a slightly different order. Professional Development Opportunities took the top spot (33%) with Health and Wellness Perks and Career Advancement Opportunities tied for second (28%).
- Social Events ranked lowest on the list for both groups, selected by 7% of owners, directors, and administrators, and 3% of educators.
- For a significant majority of respondents, revenue in 2022 either increased (41%) or stayed the same (30%) compared to 2021.
- We asked both groups to select the position that best describes their outlook for 2023, the majority of both educators (69%) and owners, directors, and administrators (71%) selected “Positive” or “Strongly Positive”.
🖥️ Watch Recording
To get the recording and slides sent right to your email, please fill out the form below! Please note: only participants who attended the live session receive a certificate of participation. It’s up to each individual to verify whether the certificates will be accepted in their region.
⭐Connect with us!
We want to hear from you! Fill out our survey to help us improve your webinar experience. Please do not ask for certificates here, as we can not follow up with you. Don’t forget to follow us on Instagram and Facebook.
Running a Child Care Centre is Hard…
We’d love to make it
a little much easier! Did you know that parents are increasingly evaluating childcare centers on whether they offer digital parental communication, photo and video updates, and contactless check-in and billing? The HiMama child care app helps to streamline your digital parent communications, join the family today and get a quote!
Professional development made easy with HiMama Academy
HiMama Academy is a new self-paced, online professional development platform designed to elevate early childhood educators through a wide range of engaging, high-quality training courses.
Click this link HERE to get unlimited access to our library of IACET certified training courses and all HiMama Helps Webinars (with certificates!)